Ping I525 Utility Wedge
The new PING i525 Wedges feature a ballistic face design constructed from maraging steel that allows for a thinner, more dynamic face structure. The face works harmoniously with an internal sole undercut in the 17-4 stainless steel body, creating increased flexing. Acting like a trampoline, the face torpedoes the ball forward at explosive speeds and massive heights, producing tower shots that travel extraordinary distances.
Typically, a design of this nature causes a large distance gap between shots struck in the center of the face and the inevitable mishit, a noteworthy weakness i500, the i525's predecessor. In order to combat this flaw, PING outfits the i525 with a tungsten toe weight, shaft tip weight, and a dynamic, variable-thickness face structure to expand perimeter weighting, while preserving ball speed through greater face deflection.
Clearly, PING focused their efforts on the i525's consistency and control, as evidenced by an additional piece of technology known as Micromax Grooves. The wedge's precision-milled groove pattern allows for tighter spacing and a geometry that results in an average of four extra grooves per club, leading to reduced fliers.
PING finishes the i525 with a water-repellent Hydropearl 2.0 chrome finish and shaft offerings from Project X and UST. Project X's IO steel offering is ideal for players who love the stability of the standard Project X, but need an easier to load shaft profile and are looking for a lighter weight option. UST's Recoil ES SmacWrap graphite offering is designed to provide maximum control and distance like a steel shaft, only with less vibrations and at a lighter weight for improved club head speed.
- Compact, players-style shape
- Forged, maraging steel, variable-thickness face allows for a thinner structure with an internal sole undercut in the 17-4 stainless steel body to increase flexing to launch shots faster and higher with predictability
- Tungsten toe and shaft tip weights combine with a tiered, dynamic face structure to expand perimeter weighting for added forgiveness and MOI, while preserving ball speed through greater face deflection for added distance and improved accuracy
- Targeted placement of an EVA polymer in precisely controlled amounts in each iron produces a pleasing impact sound and feel without reducing ball speed
- Precision-milled Micromax groove pattern allows for tighter spacing and extra grooves to reduce fliers
- Hydropearl 2.0 chrome finish repels water for improved consistency in all conditions
- Utility Wedge: 50° Loft | 35.5" Length | 64.1° Lie | 13° Bounce | 0.02" Offset | D2 Swing Weight
Free shipping on orders of $99 or more
Buy online, pickup in store.