Titleist Vokey Design SM9 Tour Chrome Wedge
Loft/Grind54.12/D Grind 54.12/DD Grind 56.12/D Grind 58.12/D Grind 58.12/DD Grind 60.12/D Grind 46.10/F Grind 48.10/F Grind 50.08/F Grind 50.08/FD Grind 50.12/F Grind 52.08/F Grind 52.08/FD Grind 52.12/F Grind 54.14/F Grind 56.14/F Grind 56.14/FD Grind 58.14/K Grind 60.14/K Grind 60.04/L Grind 60.04/LD Grind 56.08/M Grind 56.08/MD Grind 58.08/M Grind 58.08/MD Grind 60.08/M Grind 60.08/MD Grind 62.08/M Grind 54.10/S Grind 54.10/SD Grind 56.10/S Grind 56.10/SD Grind 58.10/S Grind 60.10/S Grind 60.10/SD Grind 54.1/S Grind 56.1/S Grind 60.04/T Grind 58.04/T Grind
Flex/ShaftWedge Ladies/Tenesei Red AM2 Regular/Tenesei Red AM2 Lite/KBS Tour
HandRight Hand Left Hand
Improving upon the groundbreaking progressive center of gravity design concept originally introduced with the SM8, the new Titleist Vokey Design SM9 Spin Milled Wedges push the envelope further, with even more innovation. And it's clear that the SM9 is a true standout, as evidenced by the fact that is has already become the most played wedge on Tour.
By adding weight to the topline design, where a tapered pad at the back of the toe helps align the CG properly, the SM9's raised center of gravity produces a more controlled ball flight and solid contact. The center of gravity is also forward of the face, resulting in increased MOI, exceptional feel and stability, and a club face that simply wants to square up at impact.
In addition to the new CG position, the SM9 features a new patented Spin Milled process that maximizes spin and shot control. The meticulous engineering process begins by cutting the face perfectly flat with a high-speed saw, then cutting every groove individually based on loft and finish. Low lofts are designed with narrower, deeper grooves, while higher lofts have wider, shallower grooves. Micro-grooves are individually cut in between the grooves as well, leading to maximum spin on partial shots, a crucial element to successful greenside play. As if the performance gains weren't enough, Vokey applies a proprietary heat treatment to the impact area, doubling the groove's durability, without impacting feel. In fact, the SM9 possess' the most durable grooves in golf. Finally, each groove on every head is 100% inspected for conformity to the rules of golf.
Six tour-proven grinds are available in the SM9:
- F: All-purpose grind particularly suited for full shots and shots hit with a square face. Ideal for players who prefer a traditional wedge sole. Most played sand wedge on Tour.
- M: Designed for players that like to rotate the club face open and closed to manufacture shots around the green. Ideal for players with a shallower, more sweeping swing type who play shots from a variety of club face positions.
- S: Full sole that is narrowed by a trailing edge grind, giving it faster feel through the turf. The S Grind is is best suited for neutral-to-firm conditions and players that like to control the loft with their hands ahead, or behind the ball.
- D: Blends versatility from a heel, toe, and trailing edge grind and forgiveness with its high measured bounce. The D Grind is ideal for players with a steeper angle of attack, and those who play shots from a variety of club face positions.
- K: The highest bounce wedge in the lineup and the ultimate bunker club. A wide, full sole wedge with enhanced camber, the K Grind is forgiving from a variety of softer sand and turf conditions.
- L: Lowest bounce option in the family. Heel, toe, and trailing edge relief allow for maximum greenside versatility. The L Grind is perfect for firm conditions, and designed for precise players who have complete control at impact, allowing for maximum shot-making versatility.
Titleist Vokey Design SM9 Spin Milled Wedges - Tour Chrome Feature:
- Most played wedge on Tour
- Raised and forward center of gravity (CG) promotes a more controlled ball flight and solid contact
- New Spin Milled grooves cut to the edge for maximum spin
- Grooves are heat treated at the impact area to double the durability of each groove
- 100% Inspected for the utmost quality and performance
- 6 Tour-proven grinds (F, M, S, D, K, L)
- Stock Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 (127g)
- Stock Grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 (White)